- 2017: Lachlan Mackenzie and Laura Alba-Juez are now preparing a volume containing a selection of papers from the International Conference on Language and Emotion which will be published by John Benjamins, and whose title will be Emotion in Discourse
- November 2016 the EMO-FunDETT group organized the International Conference on Language and Emotion, with participants and specialists on the interplay between language and emotion from many different countries.
- May 2015: Geoff Thompson was granted an Honorary Doctorate by Linnaeus University in Sweden. See details and pictures here.
- July 2015: Angela Downing was appointed "Routledge's Author of the Month" after the new edition of her English Grammar, which won the "Duke of Edinburgh's Award" when first published in 1993. You can see the information here.
- November 2015: Carmen Sancho Guinda received the "Enrique Alcaraz Research Award" for her new book Narratives in Academic and Professional Genres (co-edited with Maurizio Gotti, from Bergamo). See more details here.
- December 2015: David Ferrer Revull was granted a "Master's Degree in Arts Excellence Award" by the UNED in Madrid. See more details here.